This is the privacy notice for Simon Costain and The Gait and Posture Centre LLP. We take your privacy very seriously. Please read through our policies below.
Data Controller: Simon Costain
The Gait and Posture Centre, Flat 6 Harmont House, 20 Harley Street. London W1G9PH
Tel. 0207 636 4465
1. The Personal Data We Process and What We Do with It
- Name, date of birth, home address, telephone numbers, email address. Referrers and GP’s details.
- Clinically relevant information, eg. medical history and details of treatment, including images such as x-ray films and scans.
2. Who is collecting it?
- Contact details are collected by reception staff at the clinic.
- Medical history and details are collected by clinicians at the clinic.
- All information is collected with the patient’s consent.
3. How is it collected?
This information has been provided by patients and recorded by staff.
4. Why is it being collected?
The relevant data is being collected to comply with State regulation, and to effectively diagnose and treat patients, as well as to communicate effectively with patients, and third parties, when patients have offered their consent to do so.
5. How will it be used?
Contact details will be used to contact patients for appointment making, cancellation or alteration. Contact details will also be shared with other clinics or clinicians when referrals are made, with patients’ consent. Clinical data will be used by clinicians to diagnose conditions, plan and execute referrals and treatment plans.
6. Who will it be shared with?
Contact details, personal or clinical data will not be shared with anyone without patients’ express consent, either verbal or written.
7. What will be the effect of this on the individuals concerned?
Information will not be shared with any third parties without that patient’s express consent. In case the patient has consented to sharing information, eg. relating to referral to another clinic, they may expect to be contacted by that clinic.
8. Is the intended use likely to cause individuals to object or complain?
As no information will be shared with third parties, and as information is given voluntarily by patients, it is deemed unlikely that its intended use will be the cause of objections or complaints.
9. How long do we retain data?
- Clinical data on adult patients is retained for 8 years after the last visit, or discharge.
- Clinical data on children patients is retained until the patient’s 25th birthday, or 26th birthday if the patient was 17yrs at time of last visit or discharge.
10. Right to request access to personal data
Patients can request a copy of their data by written request, and copies of their data will be provided free of charge within 30 days. Please make such a request in writing or by email to us, using the contact details above. Please provide the following information: your name, address, telephone number, email address and details of the information you require. We will need to verify your identity so we may ask for a copy of your passport, driving license and/or recent utility bill.
11. Right to rectification of data
If you believe any of the personal data we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact the clinic directly and any necessary corrections to your data will be made promptly. We will need to verify your identity so we may ask for a copy of your passport, driving license and/or recent utility bill.
12. Data breaches
Should your personal data that we control be lost, stolen or otherwise breached, where this constitutes a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will contact you without delay. We will give you the contact details of the Data Protection Officer who is dealing with the breach, explain to you the nature of the breach and the steps we are taking to deal with it.
13. Should You Wish To Complain
You can contact the ICO via their website: www.ico.org.uk should you wish to make a complaint about the way we are processing your personal data.
14. Automated Decision Making and Profiling
We do not use any system which uses automated decision making or profiling in respect of your personal data.
We do not use any cookies on this website.