The Centre has state of the art diagnostic equipment including LCD split screen digital video analysis systems with multi-camera filming, in-shoe computer pressure analysis.
The initial consultation is designed to help diagnose the cause of the problems and offer a treatment plan. Typically this will involve footwear advice, some exercises and maybe some form of orthotic which can be tailor-made or an adjusted off-the-shelf device which fits into shoes to help adjust your gait.
Following diagnosis we will discuss the treatment options with you and agree a plan.
There are many treatments available at the Gait and Posture Centre, including:
- padding and taping to determine the effect of an orthotic that is specifically designed to move your joints towards their optimum positions.
- manufacture of silicone splints and wedges – putty-like inserts designed to improve the position of the toes and protect them from rubbing against each other.
- provision of orthoses that place the foot in a biomechanically correct position allowing the muscles, tendons, ligaments and bones to function more efficiently and therefore, reduce and limit abnormal forces that cause pain and discomfort.
- exercise – foot and leg stretching and strengthening advice.
- footwear advice and adjustments.
- routine foot care and chiropody – treatment of corns, in-growing toenails, calluses, veruccae, hard skin etc.
- specialist care is available for diabetic neuropathy; poor sensation in the feet makes them more prone to injury and, combined with poor circulation, this can easily lead to ulcers and infections.
- advice on foot surgery.
For more information about the Centre and to book an appointment please contact us