As opposed to externally applied, mechanical forms of massage therapy (e.g. vibration), DEEP OSCILLATION® is applied with gloved hands and/or special applicators, creating biologically effective oscillations in the tissue segment undergoing treatment. Applied with gentle, minimal pressure, the therapy works through the entire tissue layers (including the connective tissue to a depth of 8cm (Solangel, 2010) reaching the core of the affected area.
DEEP OSCILLATION® is a non-invasive, non-traumatic treatment which is well received by patients. Because of it’s gentle application it is a unique treatment for acute and chronic injury, and day one post-operative. Implanted pins and plates can be safely worked over due to its non-thermal nature.
DEEP OSCILLATION® can induce the following clinically documented effects in treated tissue:
Strong pain-alleviating potential. This applies to acute traumatic as well as to chronic pain conditions.
- Anti-inflammatory effect.
- Prevention and reduction of secondary and primary lymphoedema.
- Prevention of fibrotic remodelling processes, reduction of fibrosis.
- Muscle relaxation, promotion of physical activity, mobilisation.
- Support of wound healing processes.
- Normalisation of haemodynamic parameters of the skin, correction of aesthetic-neurotic problems and influence on biological ageing through preventive effects on premature ageing.
References can be viewed here: http://www.physiopod.co.uk/study-references.shtml