Amy is a Specialist Musculoskeletal Podiatrist who has always worked within the private health sector. Amy graduated from the University of Southampton and focused her career on Podiatric Sports Medicine and biomechanics following her BSc (Hons) in Podiatry & MSc (SEM) in Podiatric Sports & Exercise Medicine.
Amy enjoys treating patients from a variety of different backgrounds, including children and the elderly. She focuses on a biomechanical, non-surgical approach to identify the mechanical cause of musculoskeletal problems in the foot, leg and back. Amy has extended scope training and interest in prescribing foot orthoses (custom-made insoles) and ankle-foot orthoses (braces for the foot and ankle). Amy is a published author for her research relating to knee pain in the scientific Journal ‘Musculoskeletal Science and Practice’.
Amy is highly qualified in his field and her experience includes:
- BSc (Hons): Podiatry
- MSc (SEM): Sports & Exercise Medicine
- MRCPod: Member of the Royal College of Podiatry
- RCPS(Glasg) Member of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow
- PSM SAG: Podiatric Sport Medicine Special Advisory Group
- HCPC registered: Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
Amy has been involved in volleyball at county and national levels and now partakes in running, pilates and cycling in her free time.