The Gait and Posture Centre
The Gait & Posture Centre LLP has a team of registered podiatrists who offer not only a full range of footcare treatments but also, more especially, podiatric assessments by biomechanical gait analysis to diagnose the cause of foot and/or lower limb musculo-skeletal problems. Find out more >
The Centre has invested for many years in the best equipment available:
- The latest gait analysis equipment and software
- Helpful video feed back and clinical interpretation to explain why you suffer pain
- The latest quantifiable in-shoe computer pressure analysis systems
- In house high quality fast digital X-ray facilities
Once diagnosis is complete we offer:
- Both temporary and more permanent/bespoke orthoses manufactured using the latest 3D printing and CAD/CAM milling techniques
- Established podiatric facilities with a wide range of options available to help treat mechanical problems and determine the effects of potential orthotic treatment on patient’s feet, legs and lower back
- The most up to date footcare equipment for routine foot problems providing rapid pain relief.
In July there was another round of X-rays and finally a bone scan. It was discovered that, in fact the problem was a stress fracture. With Dad, I went to see Simon Costain at his Harley Street surgery in London. After doing some analysis, he showed how the source of the problems was a collapsed arch. “The actual stress fracture” said Simon “won’t get better until you get the arch corrected. And that won’t happen without some arch support”. He made rigid orthotic supports for my arch that would be inserted into whatever shoes I wore.
Paula – “My Story so Far” by Paula Radcliffe was published by Simon & Schuster in 2004Paula Radcliffe